The following are articles, conferences and other forms of publications that I have produced. The are organized into one of three categories: Information (including Accounting/Economics), Mass and Adeptness.
Accounting & Economics I get, but what the heck is Mass and Adeptness?
Mass and Adeptness is the underlying premise of this site, Organizational Biology. It is how organizations really work. Mass is the physical element(s) of an organization such as machinery, land, but also intangibles such as patents and policies and procedures. Adeptness is an ephemeral quality by which humans apply mass toward an organizational objective. For example, it can be the culture or gestalt that makes an organization attractive (or not) to work for and be associated with.
Why separate Information/Accounting/Economics from the other two? Firstly because I am an accountant so I have a professional and academic interest in the study of information (accounting and economics being different varieties of information). Secondly because I believe that information management, accounting and economics are ways to measure Organizational Biology. Thirdly it helps to break up a long list of articles and conference notes into more manageable chunks.
Information, Accounting and Economics Related Articles, Conferences, etc.
- Conference (organizer), “CPAs and the Public Service”, Edmonton Alberta; November 17, 2016.
- Article “the IAEA PP+E Lifecycle Lifecycle Framework”, FMI*IGF Journal, Spring 2014.
- Conference (support and layout and final editing of the notes), “Sizing Up the Economic Horizon in Alberta“, Edmonton Alberta; September 11, 2014.
- Article “Materiality, the IAEA Framework”, FMI*IGF Journal, Spring/Summer 2013.
- Conference (organizer), “The Budget World in Government”, Edmonton Alberta; January 17, 2013.
- Article “Event to Knowledge: A New Metric for Finance Department Efficiency,” Strategic Finance, July 2001.
Adeptness Related Articles, Conferences, etc.
- Conference “One Crazy Conference” (organizer, editor of the notes), May 17, 2017.
- Article “Antifragile Strategic Planning“, FMI*IGF Journal, January 2016.
- Article “How to avoid the Late Assignment and Task Epidemic“, FMI*IGF Journal, Winter 2014.
- Article “Maximizing Potential Employees”, CMA Management, October 2009.
- Article “Corporate Alumni & Healthcare”, Healthcare Management FORUM, Winter 2004.
Mass Related Articles, Conferences, etc.
- Article “Life Beyond the “Big Honkin’ Binder”, FMI eJournal, January 2017.
- Article “FMI Program Methodology“, FMI Journal July 2015.
- Conference (organizer, editor of the notes), “Procurement-Who Does It Well; 2015-02-26“, Edmonton Alberta; February 26, 2015.
- Conference (editor of the notes), “Retirement Planning in the Public Service: Learning to Adapt to the Tides of Change“, Edmonton Alberta November 26, 2014.
- Conference (organizer, editor of the notes), “The Public Sector P in P3s“, Edmonton Alberta
- Presentation: “Windows as a Document Manager” AIIM International conference May 2005, Philadelphia, PA.
- Article “Informating Framework”, Strategic Finance, January 2005.
Family or Fun Publications, Websites, etc.
- Book “Waskahegan Trail Guide, 7th edition”, Waskahegan Trail Association, 2009 (revised/reprinted, 2012).
- Phrankism: Maxims, sayings and heuristics to live by.
- Nothing published but be sure to read the cycling blogs and pages if your are interested.