The Budgeting World in Government: January 17, 2013
264 people attended the Budgeting World in Government symposium at the Edmonton Shaw Conference Centre on January 17, 2013. The conference was a production of the Financial Management Institute of Canada (FMI), the Institute of Public Administrators (IPAC) and the Institute for Public Economics, University of Alberta.
The public agendafor the conference is available here; it details the five sections the conference was broken into:
- Budgeting from the Trenches: the challenges of being a budget holder in government by Karen White, Manager, Tax and Revenue Administration, Ministry of Alberta Treasury Board and Finance.
- The Budgeting World in Government: how budgeting is supposed to work and the particular challenges for the province of Alberta. Dr. Robert Ascah, the Institute of Public Economics, University of Alberta.
- Budget Setting from the Political View, Panelist Discussion: Panelists (in alphabetical order): Shirley McClellan, Honourable Anne McLellan, Ed Stelmach, Kevin Taft; Dr. Robert Ascah (Moderator)
- Budget Setting from the Implementation View, Panelist Discussion: Panelists (in alphabetical order): Robert Bhatia, Oryssia Lennie, and Lorna Rosen; Mike Caverhill (Moderator)
- Special Spotlight on the Municipal Perspective of Budget Setting, Panelist Discussion: Panelists (in alphabetical order): Nolan Crouse, Lorna Rosen, Robyn Singleton; John McGowan (Moderator)
Planning documents, feedback and other information about the conference for FMI, IPAC and IPE organizers is available (and is made available to other organizers who respect the terms and conditions).