The Mass and Adeptness are the underlying premise behind Organizational Biology, the theme of this site and how organizations really work. Mass is anything you can drop on your foot, for example machinery, patents, policies and procedures. Adeptness is the ephemeral quality of the human application of mass toward an organizational objective. Basically it is culture or gestalt that makes an organization attractive (or not) to work for and be associated with. Accounting/Economics describes the result or effect of Mass and Adeptness.
The following articles discuss how an organization can sustain and improve its Adeptness.
Adeptness Related Articles, Conferences, etc.
- Conference (co-organizer, editor of pre-conference notes) “Fostering Innovation in the Public Service When Money is Tight“, FMI September 21, 2016.
- Article “Antifragile Strategic Planning“, FMI*IGF Journal, January 2016.
- Article “How to avoid the Late Assignment and Task Epidemic“, FMI*IGF Journal, Winter 2014.
- Article “Maximizing Potential Employees”, CMA Management, October 2009.
- Article “Corporate Alumni & Healthcare”, Healthcare Management FORUM, Winter 2004.